Gorgeous Guanajuato


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » Guanajuato
September 6th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cute little cuboid housesCute little cuboid housesCute little cuboid houses

I want a pink one!
Hi everyone! I spent the last few days in a town called Cuernavaca, then yesterday I arrived in a lovely little town called Guanajuato- I think that it´s my favourite place so far! Apart from Mexico City, I haven´t actually been to one place yet that was on my original itinery! Have been going to random places to try and avoid all these annoying hurricanes that keep coming around. So far have been very lucky and have only seen a bit of rain. Hopefully I´ll be back on track in a few days!

Guanajuato is so cute. All the streets are cobbled and dinky. It is built on a mountain side, but luckily the main town area is pretty level so not too much hill walking! It´s a university town with lots of language schools which means that there are lots of young people loitering about (in a good way!). There are so many cute little houses built on the hill side which are painted in bright colours- it is so nice to look at! Have been in a million museums and churches in the past few weeks. Today I´ve been to see the birthplace of Diego Rivera (I´m starting to get a bit Diego and Frida´d out!!!) and a museum with a million different paintings of the Spanish literary hero Don Quixote, amongst a few others.

I had a quick look at a tiny little street called "Callejon del beso" (Alley of the Kiss) where the balconies of the houses on each side of the street nearly touch. Apparently a rich family once lived in a house on one side of the street, and their naughty daughter fell in love with a common miner. He rented a room on the other side of the street and they used to share cheeky snogs across the balconies. However, they both came to a sticky end when their romance was discovered! Whoops!

Thanks for all your messages on my blog by the way! It´s really nice to read them all! :-)



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th September 2007

Hi!
Hi Sophie! Good to read on your blog that you are having lots of adventures! You're looking very well and happy. Are you managing to converse much in Spanish? Take care- and make sure you have plenty of snacks available! Love, Sarah

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb