Back to Mexico City


Advertisement
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we caught the ADO bus, first class, back to Mexico City. Initially they couldnĀ“t get the DVD machine working, so they announced that we had a choice to wait another half hour for another bus. Everyone shouted, "No" and then clapped when the bus backed up and started down the highway. The trip is 6 hours and goes through the greatest variety of cactus in all of Mexico. At times it was like driving through a forest of cactus some of it in bloom. I was quite sad yesterday, anticipating leaving Oaxaca City, it is such a beautiful and clean colonial city. In contrast as we approached Mexico city, the sides of the highways were littered with garbage, bottles, plastic, etc. Every night in Oaxaca city the sweepers would be out sweeping the parks and streets. Driving through Mexico city via a taxi is always an exciting adventure and it is always a relief to get to our hotel, have the doorman come smiling up the the taxi to welcome us back. This is my sign off blog. Tomorrow we have the morning and a portion of the afternoon before heading out the airport. We will be arriving in Vancouver about midnight tomorrow night. We will reactivate our internet and would love to hear from people. We are thinking about going to the park tomorrow morning to watch and maybe even participatge in the Cuban danson. We have bought about 6 different dance CDs to bring home.

Joan could you slip over to our place, maybe in the afternoon and turn our heat up in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and living room. Thank you. Carol

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb