La ciudad de Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
March 28th 2006
Published: April 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mexico CityMexico CityMexico City

View from our hotel.
From Cuernavaca, we ventured back up to Mexico City where we spent 5 days fending for ourselves with our broken spanish. Awnaw... We spent a couple of days in a (relatively) plus hotel just off the zocolo (with an amazing view of the city from the top - see photo), and the last 3 nights in Erica´s (Limon daughter) in her little apartment out in the ´burbs. Its great to be able to experience both the touristy world and that of a local. Jings, its quite different - her flat brings a new meaning to the word ´wee´. Its in a colourful little group with a little shop out the front and a shared laundry (aka washing basin with wash board). The first night we couldn´t sleep because of the dog fights outside - kept thinking we were in the middle of the movie amores perros (it certainly didn´t help that Kev had forgotten to put the plug into the lilo. Sigh!).

Hoped to travel out to Xochimilco (a little town out of the city with a series of canals) but once we got to the station, waiting for the train, Kev piped up saying that he could do with
Mexico CityMexico CityMexico City

Another view from our hotel.
some water. This turned into a big barf session on the causeway out of the train station. Poor little matey was certainly getting some attention from the locals. Anyway, we returned home so the peely waly one could get some rest. The wee bugger was back on the beers the next day. Perfectomente!

Anyway, it didn´t take us long to master the art of traveling the metro and local buses and we visited some amazing museums, archelogical sites and markets. Overall we loved the hustling, smoggy, historic metropolis of Mexico city but I think we´re ready to leave for the more relaxed, cleaner, friendly Oaxaca.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Erica´s flatErica´s flat
Erica´s flat

The wee upstairs flat in the 'burbs of Mexico City.
A night out in Coyoacan.A night out in Coyoacan.
A night out in Coyoacan.

A night on the cerveza with Erica and her little matey Manuel.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb