Floating hangover


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Other people in the dormitory don´t care if you have a hangover so feeling jangly we headed out in search of the Floating gardens which are all that is left of the lake that used to stand where Mexico City (D.F)now is.

On the way I stopped to by my bus ticket to move on from D.F. and a Norweigan guy followed as we stood looking at the options we decided we head off to Puerto Escondido the next night, and I was slightly relieved to have a companion on my first overnight bus trip.

Andrew, Andreas, Matt, Rox, Lisa and I hired a boat and were punted along the canals with lots of other boats, mostly with Mexicans or Mariate bands on. They come alongside your boat and if you pay them they play and dance for you. Check out the crotch grabbing- so hilarious. Hangovers kicking in with force we found an incredibly fab fish restaurant ordering a whole fish followed by large prawns, crab and oysters, I think the bill came to about 3 quid each.

The football stadium happened to be only a few stops away on the Metro so we got there early, brought our tickets and tshirts for Pumas V Americas.They are two teams from Mexico City and the fans who were so passionate were amazing to watch. Lis and I stayed in the seats whilst the others headed up to the stands to be in amongst the cheering, chanting, jumping, partying and fighting.

It wasn´t till we met everyone back at Amigos that I found out, Andreas the Norweigan had been pickpocketed, they took his credit card which they later sold back to him for 150 pesos, but they also got our bus tickets worth 1000 pesos.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb