Cocktails in Mexico City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 11th 2023
Published: February 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are in Mexico City for a month. Christopher and Brad came to visit for five days. Gary and Jennie came the day Brad and Christopher left so we had company exploring the city. Brad spent months here ten years ago and Christopher and Laura were here last year so they both had places to share with us. Mexico City has a great food and drink scene.
Christopher had a list of world class bars for us to explore. We headed out on foot. Two of the bars are walking distance from our condo. We start with hot chocolate at La Rifa a chocolate bar. You order your hot chocolate based on how much cocoa you want. Mark had 50% with milk, I had 70% with milk and the boys had 70% with milk. Christopher ordered a 100% cocoa with milk to see how it tasted. It was not good. The 50% and 70@ were delicious. They also sell chocolate bars and chocolate tamales.
Our next stop was Tizne Tacomotora located in Roma which is next to Condesa where we are staying. The place is small but the tacos are great. Not your run of the mill tacos. The sauces that come with the tacos are really good. The place was busy but we were able to get a table.

Now onto the main event cocktails. We start at Limantour a bar in the Roma neighborhood. The cocktails are unique to this bar and are great. We sit outside and it is a beautiful day. Our next stop is Hanky Panky a speakeasy. We got here and could nt find the bar. We were looking across the street but could not find it. The address is a small taco bar. Someone came out and told s we were at the bar and took us thru the kitchen of the taco restaurant tomHanky Panky. The bar looks like a bar you would find in New York or Kansas City. The bar sells drinks only. The drinks are unique and taste good. The prices for our cocktails are similar to what you would pay in New York or Kansas City. We have a couple of drinks each.

We walk to a cheap taco restaurant that is open late. The tacos are about one dollar each. This is a local place for sure.

We took Gary and Jennie to Hanky Panky too. Christopher wanted to take us to Fifty Mills located in the Four Seasons but it was closed for maintenance while the boys were here. Mark and I were walking home from getting gelato at a place Christopher told us about when we found ourselves in front of the Four Seasons. We decided it was the perfect time for a drink at Fifty Mills. The bar was full of what looked like business people but they let us in anyway. The bar is beautiful and there is sitting in the garden or inside.

When we travel we always look for an Irish bar so we found one in Mexico City walking distance from our condo. The pub is called Celtics and we had beer here. Next door was Wallace Whiskey Bar where we enjoyed a whisky.


Mexico City has many places to have a fancy cocktail or a margarita with tequila or mezcal. I hoe you all get a chance to visit this wonderful city.





Hanky Panky - a speakeasy that is under a taco restaurant, need a reservation

Limamtour - a bar in Roma neighborhood, need a reservation

Fifty Mills - bar with unique drinks at the Four Seasons, no reservations taken


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb