Playa Palmilla


Advertisement
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are really starting to love it here in San Jose. It's definitely cleaner and more pristine than any other part of Mexico that we've seen. The weather has been perfect, I think we've had three drops of rain since we arrived. We really like the public bus system now that we have it figured out, which we took today to Playa Palmilla (Beach.) It's only a couple of miles from here towards Cabo San Lucas. We get off the bus at Pamilla Golf Course and start our walk downhill along a decadent golf course community towards the ocean. The sidewalk is beautiful with lovely gardens along each side. We peak over the fences to see the perfectly manicured golf course and homes in these gated communities. After about 3/4 mile, we come to the most beautiful beach. There's no servies here like shops or restaurants, only a few small boats pulled up on the beach and a few palappas for shade. The beach itself is pubic, open 7 am - 7pm or so says the sign, it's located in a bay so not much undertow and a great place to swim.

The ocean front here is lined with multi-million dollar homes built uphill behind huge rock retaining walls. We dream about what life would be like living in one of these ocean front mansions, the beautiful views with perfect yards, ocean side swimming pools, golf course, we think we would live here full time if we had one, life would be pretty good alright - we sigh as we know in reality that will never be us, unless of course we win a huge lottery! We can really see the appeal of this area and why it would draw the kind of people with that kind of money. What surprizes us most is that the beach is almost completely empty, just a handful of people, no salespeople dressed in white trying to sell trinkets and souvenirs. We sit and read for a while, then swim a couple of times, eat our lunch that we packed, take a walk down the beach and let the day just pass us by. We watch some boats come and go, pelicans fishing and some kids making sand castles. Ian finds a beautiful sea shell - the nicest one I've ever seen found, what a great memento for this glorious day. We are totally relaxed encompassed by this beautiful sunny hot day in this amazing place. What more could we ask for?

We decide to take a taxi back since the walk back up to the bus stop was up hill all the way. I know Ian would have done it, but after a day in the sun I didn't want to face the hot sweaty trek. We pile into the air conditioned taxi to take us home - what a great day of vacation, loving life to the fullest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb