La Paz for New Years


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur » La Paz
January 1st 2012
Published: January 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after coming up from Surf Camp Pescadero we returned to La Paz and saw our beautiful house (owned by Vista Properties, if anyone is interested). My aunt and her fiance Richard arrived that evening and we went out to dinner at the marina. The next day, we got up slowly and had second Christmas with tamales (YES to street food!) At around 3pm, we went into town and split up to look for dive shops and shop around a little (We found what looks like a good shop, called Dive Carey.) We reunited (after some negotiation with a malfunctioning card, and a beer to recover). After going home to change, we hit the malec'on and looked for a dinner spot. After dinner (and a rather potent margarita) I went to meet up with a couch surfer named Carlos who grew up in La Paz. He was a nice guy, a marine bio student, and we talked about the past year and our plans for the next (good New Years talk). After we went to the malec'on to watch the fireworks. I have to say, that's the closest I've ever been to a fireworks show. They were luanching from the beach we were on and exploding right above us. The portapotties cuaght a few sparks, I was a little concerned. Pretty soon after midnight we went home (I was pretty exhausted by that point). Happy New Year!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb