Bahia Asuncion


Advertisement
Published: December 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bahia Tortuga to Bahia Asuncion


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Sparkles on the sea 15 secs
Ansa sailing to Bahia AsuncionAnsa sailing to Bahia AsuncionAnsa sailing to Bahia Asuncion

We actually got a little downwind sailing on this leg.
12/22/09

We left Turtle Bay at dawn (0600) heading for Bahia Asuncion. There were scattered low clouds and very light winds. We motorsailed at 6 knots most of the way. Along the way, I noticed that when the sun is at just the right angle to you, it reflects right off the surface of the water and flashes in your eyes wherever the angle of ripples on the waters surface is just right - looks like sparkles on the water. I took some pictures of this, but they just didn't show the effect, so I tried a little video; it shows the effect better since the sparkles are always moving.

Arrived at 1645 and anchored. We a getting the anchoring drill down pat. I took a shower - boy is engine heated water ever hot! It's about 180 degrees, so you have to be real careful. The wind picked up in the evening and a small storm passed through the next day, so we stay put. I worked on re-sewing the leather anti chafing patches on my mainsail cover. Never a lack of chores on a boat. Didn't find anything interesting to take a picture of. Just another beautiful Baja bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb