Whistler


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
July 15th 2011
Published: July 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was a bit of a better day today for weather but still no sun! We started off with a great hike down Cheakamus River to an old train wreck. The river is beautiful with lots of twists and bends and small falls along the way. The kids loved the train wreck and climbing on the old cars, which have been set up for mountain bikers to do some cool tricks. On the way back along the train tracks we saw a mother black bear and her tow cubs. She watched us for a bit and then took the cubs into the woods to go around us. Pretty amazing! In the afternoon we went back to Whistler villiage and the kids went on some fun "rides" including a trampoline and luge type slide down part of the moutain. After we went to watch some of Crankworks and the kids had dinner at Dups Burritios (yum!) and then played a bit before heading home. Paul McHenry drove up from Vancouver to join us all for the weekend. Derek treated us to an amazing feast of fresh salmon, shrimp and tofu (for me) and some fabulous wines from the cellar. Late night (more for some then others!) full of some great laughs and stories!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb