The Wedding


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2004
Published: August 27th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Groomsmen Pre-WeddingGroomsmen Pre-WeddingGroomsmen Pre-Wedding

Enjoying the breeze.
Hello all,



Well, the week of the wedding was a fabulous time.  It was nice to have many of you arrive earlier in the week.  The weather was absolutely beautiful, but don´t be deceived into thinking it is always like that in St. John´s.  Things kicked of on Thursday night with the whale watching/pub crawl.  We started with a group ¨Screech In¨ at the Dobbins.  The bus ride to the whale tour boats was a 45 minute warm up with pizza and beer.  With everyone feeling good, we boarded O´Brien´s boat and headed out to sea in Bay Bulls.  Once again, the weather was amazing.  A quick tour of Puffin Island and we were off to find the whales. The whales were plentiful and very active.  A few songs from the crew and we headed back in as the sun set.  The bus drive home was a little messier as the screech and beer were polished off with a few sing alongs.  With one bus heading back home, the other dropped us off to George Street. The herd wandered to Trapper John´s, Lottie´s, Trinity Pub, and finished it off at The Grapevine.  Certain individulas were seen getting Screeched in yet again!  Everyone was in fine shape and the dance floors were hit in multiple spots, including a little less elegant dancing at The Grapevine.  Needless to say, the next morning was slow!

While most George Street participants were sleeping off their hang-overs, some of us hit the golf course.  It was sweltering hot as can be attested to by the best man´s sun burn.  Just kidding Roper!  All in all, a great day for some golf.  Most of the decorating took place that day.  Thank you so much to all those that helped out.  After that, we quickly had to get ready for the rehearsal dinner at Finnigan´s Wake.  It was a wonderful gathering of family and friends. Following dinner, many wedding guests joined us in the upstairs pub for a few social beverages and many reunions. Tracey and I reluctantly pulled out and left the crowd shortly after midnight. 

The wedding day was also sunny and warm.  The church in Portugal Cove is perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean with a spectacular view.  There was a little breeze which kept the temperature managable for the most part (but caused some fretting over hair).  The ceremony was wonderful and not too long, with some inciteful commentary by Father Malloy.  We went to Tracey´s cabin and had
Bridal PartyBridal PartyBridal Party

Jane,Megan,Tracey,Amy
our pictures taken with our families and the wedding party. Tracey and I then went to Signal Hill to get a few on our own. 

Then to the reception!  Wow, what a time.  We could go on about it for hours, but won´t.  Suffice to say that the location was beautiful, food was amazing, the music was terrific and the people were fantastic.  Congo lines, hoola hoops, limbo lines, constant dancing, watching the sun come up (and the next days golfers come out!), many beverages, and soo much more. 

We wrapped things up with a delicious brunch, hosted by Tracey's Dobbin aunt's, followed by a BBQ at the Dobbin's. The whole experience was absoluty amazing, we are still recaping our memories.  We are so touched by the overwhelming support and generosity expressed by everyone;  we hope you all had a wonderful time.  We want to again thank you all for simply sharing the time with us. 

Sincerely,

Tracey and Jason



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dalhousie RoomatesDalhousie Roomates
Dalhousie Roomates

Greg,Jason,Dave,Roddy
Going for a DanceGoing for a Dance
Going for a Dance

Tracey and her dad.
Jason and RoperJason and Roper
Jason and Roper

The groom and the 'nicely tanned' best man.
The VowsThe Vows
The Vows

Um...what's my line?
Limbo Time!Limbo Time!
Limbo Time!

Erin gettin' low.
Late Night DancingLate Night Dancing
Late Night Dancing

Judy,Amy,Christian (hey, there's Jason's tie!)
Dalhousie RoomatesDalhousie Roomates
Dalhousie Roomates

Gen,Tracey,Amy,Anne
Whale WatchingWhale Watching
Whale Watching

One of many humpback sightings.


Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb