Yukon Territory


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon
June 29th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Before we left Watson Lake, we stopped at Signpost Forest. This was started by a homesick soldier working on the Alaska Highway in 1942. It is a large park with posts that have at least 70,000 license plates, road and traffic signs and unique home-made signs. Each year more than 2000 are added. Charlie and Ruth brought a sign (made by Fred) giving Mt.Carmel and the mileage. Hopefully, the pictures will be with this blog. We stopped at Teslin. The picture of the lake here shows the largest span over water on the Alaska Highway. The Chinook Salmon spawn here in this bay. Then they travel over 1800 miles to the Bering Sea. We had lunch in Teslin. About 35 miles from Whitehorse, Larry had a tire blow out on his camper. Jim and Charlie helped him change the tire. We are staying two nights here in Whitehorse. It is a town of about 25,000 and the capital of the Yukon. It is the only city for over 1000 miles so it provides services to a wide region. It is raining and 57 degrees. I am sure the rain and the cool weather would be welcome in Illinois.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.2kb