day 18


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan
August 29th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 18

The earliest start to date, we got away about 0730 and were barely underway when we spotted a small group of elk, they were right on the verge of the road and seemed most unconcerned about people or traffic. Not very much further along we saw another group of animals, this time mountain sheep. Again they did not seem particularly bothered by either man or his machines. We were on our way from Jasper to Dale and Diana’s home by Candle Lake, a drive of a little over 700 miles. As a comparison for you kiwis, if we had left from Wellington and driven north then we would have ended up 200 miles out in the ocean. On the 14 hour journey, we also saw bison, coyotes and of course cows and horses. Not a lot of photo ops on a trip like this, but the change in scenery moving from the rugged terrain of the Rocky Mountains, snow ice and glaciers to the prairies where it is so flat that if your dog runs away you can watch him for three days is certainly quite dramatic. I will be here with Dale and Diana until Friday so finally a chance to catch my breath.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

on the prairireon the prairire
on the prairire

roll a penny it will go a hundred miles
young deeryoung deer
young deer

notice the spots


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb