Ontario and Quebec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 1st 2017
Published: August 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We spent four nights camping on beautiful Mink Lake near Eganville Ontario. We had some family time visiting with Gary's sister Jean and Doug. Lots of good food, drinks, and sunset viewing from the deck overlooking the lake. We went to the Granary, an Austrian restaurant, well known for its pork schnitzel. It was excellent.

Friday July 28th we drove to the Laurentian mountains north of Montreal. We stayed 4 days at Ste Agatha Du Monts. The campground had a beautiful beach and hiking trails. The campground was celebrating its 50th anniversary with special events and fireworks. It stays open year round as people come to cross country ski on the hiking trails. We also went for a day trip to Mount Tremblant. It is a beautiful area and just as busy in the summer as the winter.

Our next destination was Quebec City. We stayed in a campground for two days across the Saint Lawrence river in Levis and traveled by ferry to Quebec City. We took a two hour bus tour to see the highlights and then spent the remainder of the day exploring Old Quebec. We very much enjoyed the european atmosphere and would love to come back again and spend more time.

We have just spent the last two nights in Edmundston New Brunswick. It is a beautifully treed campground beside a river. Tomorrow we head to Kouchibouguac National Park to spend 5 nights. Gary's other sister Carol and husband Greg will be joining us.

We have now been on our adventure for 63 days and our truck shows we have clocked 16,880 KM.







.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb