Flowers and sea


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Saint Anne des Monts
June 27th 2022
Published: July 6th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Trip continues. We stopped at Grand Metis to visit the Redford Gardens, (Jardins de Metis). This used to be the summer home of a very rich English family. It's now a botanical garden. What's remarkable about this place is that the gardens are integrated into the surrounding nature, (forest, stream, plains), instead of supplanting it like some other European French gardens for instance. This is a very beautiful place, and you can easily spend a day there. My favorite gardens there were the entrance garden, the stream garden and the alley of peonies. Considering the cool climate, it's remarkable to see the variety of plants.

We then continue on the road, North-East direction to follow the sea road. The estuary widens more and more and at Ste-Anne des Monts, it's about 70km wide, making it really sea like, and not river.

The road gets more and more hilly, and small villages tucked in small bays succeed one after the other.

Ste-Anne des Monts is really a small fishing village with a special ambiance. Every evening, people gather at the public dock, coming with their cars, camping chairs, fishing gears, to fish yes, but maybe more to socialize. Pace of life is slower there and it's a wonderful place to relax!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement












Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb