A visit to Old Quebec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
September 11th 2010
Published: January 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Old Quebec City has been one of my favorite cities in North America since I was a kid. Being the only walled city in North America and having existed since the 1600's gained it status as a Unesco World Heritage site. It also gives it great character. this day in September the weather was spectacular for strolling through the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Restaurant aux Anciens CanadiensRestaurant aux Anciens Canadiens
Restaurant aux Anciens Canadiens

I love the style of this building and it is a common one out in the rural areas around Quebec City. We didn't eat here today, but I have in the past and they have great traditional Quebec food like tortierre and sugar pie.
Chateau FrontenacChateau Frontenac
Chateau Frontenac

C and the boys walking with the chateau in the background. A spectacular hotel inside and acts like kind of the crown of the old city as it sits at the top of the city overlooking the water.
beside Chateau Frontenacbeside Chateau Frontenac
beside Chateau Frontenac

Row of picturesque buildings alongside the Chateau Frontenac along the boardwalk overlooking the river.
Arists AlleyArists Alley
Arists Alley

A narrow alley near the Chateau where artists display and sell their work. Lots of neat, relatively inexpensive, souvenirs to be had here.
Wall of the cityWall of the city
Wall of the city

Looking down along one of the walls of the ancient city towards one of the city gates and towers.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb