Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
October 5th 2023
Published: December 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Québec is Canada's most romantic city and is highly recommended for any traveler. The city itself is expansive but I advise staying within the city walls of Old Québec as that's the most charming part of town. It is filled with history and culture, as well as wonderful restaurants, cafes, bars and shops, and is absolutely worth a couple of days of exploring. You could consider a cruise on the St. Lawrence River, and there are museums and historical tours. If there is a meat-eater in your party then Le Lapin Sauté is recommended for lunch, as well as Bistrot Pape Georges. Definitely try the sortilege maple whiskey at Pub l'Oncle Antoine, and perhaps pay a visit to the historic Fairmont le Chateau Frontenac and its lovely bar. In the evening there are regular jazz performances at Bar Ste-Angele, a stone's throw from Hôtel Marie-Rollet. Built in 1876 by the Ursulines, it is very highly recommended, with a perfect location and helpful staff. The best deal is to reserve the room with the private bathroom down the hall; there's also a little outdoor terrace and many elegant touches to enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Le Lapin SautéLe Lapin Sauté
Le Lapin Sauté

Smoked duck breast
Le Lapin SautéLe Lapin Sauté
Le Lapin Sauté

Leg of rabbit


6th December 2023

Quebec
Quebec is on my bucket list and this gives me a timely introduction.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb