Up, Up and Away!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
July 16th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

UBERDavid and his faithful side kick Lora picked us up at 6:45 and we had an uneventful trip to BNA. We felt as if we had a cheering section from DWLP sending us off! After checking in, we had a very good breakfast at “Noshville” before heading to our terminal to await our flight to Chicago, and then on to Quebec, Canada.

Had to do a quick (!!!) several terminal run to be on time for our connecting flight from Chicago to Quebec City. I think I personally set a Senior (possibly Junior!) record getting from the far end of C terminal to the Gate 5 of F, but we made it. All John had to do was draft on my tail wind...I managed to not run over anybody, so it was all good. Laura...you would have LOVED the size of plane we took...not! It was a very smooth flight and we were happy that we didn’t miss it as the next United flight would have gotten us in around 10:30!!

After Customs, baggage pick up and the all important bathroom break, we were headed in a Taxi to Hilton Quebec which is right next to and overlooks the wall of Old Quebec City. The view from our room is one of the nicest we have ever had...14th floor looking over the old city and the St. Lawerence River around 5:00. Perfect!

We took our luggage to our room and then headed out to find our supper which we were well ready for because all our airline segments only had snacks to eat. After wandering around for a little while we decided on a really neat restaurant, PIAZZETTA. It was wonderful. We had a warm apple, pecan salad with warmed cheese on toast points and a fresh vegetable pizza. Our dessert was a French specialty (which I forgot to look at the spelling for) that was fresh strawberries with a glaze over a custard which was on top of a cake layer. Delish!

From there we walked (CLIMBED!!) back up a very steep hill and we are now back in our room enjoying the evening view. It has been a long day and we are going to enjoy heading for bed very shortly! We have had a great day and think we are going to enjoy this area immensely!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



17th July 2019
Evening view from our room!

Looks Beautiful
I loved all of your pictures. Your place for dinner had outside patios...that is where we could take Sheeba! Glad you made it there safely. We have just been taking it easy in Colorado and haven't had anything to blog about. I will get something out soon. Meanwhile, we will look forward to hearing about your travels!
17th July 2019

Beautiful Views
Glad you had a good flight and day in Quebec. Enjoy yourselves and, hopefully, cooler weather!
17th July 2019

No Dessert Picture whats UP with that?????
I am glad you both got there safely with little fuss or muss through Chicago I know from first hand experience all about that airport. Well I am trilled by your hotel location and seeing that big hotel in the distance I am sure you will over their to tour it sometime this week. I was hoping that I could see that Strawberry delight on cake by a picture. I know you will be walking by some French pastry shops in the Old City so if you see a window display please take a picture of anything that looks good (ie. everything looks good in a bakery). Looking forward to your blog immensely. Hugs, Lora and Uber driver David
17th July 2019

Lora, I did put a picture of the strawberry dessert in last night. Maybe you need to scroll down to see it? Will look for pastry shops for you! Thanks again for ride to airport.
17th July 2019

Lora...looked again and I did not put picture of dessert into blog. I had slow WiFi so that one did not make the cut. I will try harder!
17th July 2019

Welcome to Canada
Glad that you made it to the beautiful city of Old Quebec! Love that City! Looks like you had a busy day yesterday and fit a lot in. If you are thinking of taking a tour, I think you would like the one that goes to lle d’ Orleans. It’s a small island near by. They take you around and stop at some farms that make, wine, jams, cheese, maple syrup. It’s a very nice tour. Looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing about your time there.
17th July 2019

Enjoying yourself; I am jealous
Looks like a beautiful place. I am happy for you to have so much fun. I just got back from MD. and going to Kingsport, TN the 26th .Seriously considering on moving there in the near future. We need to go somewhere; I miss you both..
17th July 2019

Betty, you are 100% correct!
We will get together when we get back. We will miss you.

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb