Back to Caribee


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
October 16th 2013
Published: October 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

DSCN5293DSCN5293DSCN5293

racing time!
We have not written in a while.

This has been the busiest summer I can ever remember. I think the last I wrote it was June and we were thinking we would be leaving Calgary soon to come to Montreal for the rest of the summer. I think our Canadian friends know what went wrong, but for the rest of you: Calgary, Alberta and other neighbouring cities along the river were badly flooded not long after my last blog. Very badly. As in what was probably Canada's worst disaster in history to date. Toronto, Ontario also flooded very badly, maybe not worse in volume of water per house but I think worse in dollar value of damage. Alberta had many more hail storms as well. The work just kept coming. Although it has been an exhausting summer, under the circumstances we actually decided to try to get ahead of the game with Caribee and we asked for some of our projects to be done for us while we were still working. As a result the nav station in the cockpit is updated, the battery "mystery mess" has been pretty much sorted out, the deck is finished and the hard top bimini is in progress. There will be less for us to do when we get back to Fort Pierce. Maybe we can even relax a little........ what a thought!!

We arrived in Montreal for September thinking we would be working for a bit longer. Our Maison Marlo was not booked downstairs at the time we arrived so we moved back home for a bit to have some good space to work. We did put our C&C 36 Mako in the water even though we were not going to live on her after all. That first weekend we were lucky to join the McAuslan cup race and festivities, and although the weather didn't always co-operate we managed to sneak out on the water for a few hours here and there in the following weeks. We even had one Friday night BBQ in "the country" with friends. The work did not stop however, so most of the time we were at home in front of our computers. Thank goodness for Maison Marlo lower unit being empty! We did not see most of our friends, and only saw family a few times as well in the weeks we were here. We are sorry we could not have been more available! Although the unexpected money was useful, we really do hope to not work that much next summer!!

Mako is tarped and ready for winter now, and we are finishing off last minute things. We are leaving for Fort Pierce tomorrow- we can't wait to see what improvements have been made in our absence. We will also start to think about us and our health a little. Long brisk sunrise walks on the beach will be a must, and we will fall back into a healthier life again instead of propping ourselves in front of a screen all day. Biggest challenge will hopefully only be avoiding the bar at the end of the dock 😊

Goodbye Maison Marlo my wonderful home, it has been a pleasure. Goodbye Lachine waterfront, you are as beautiful as always. Goodbye Montreal and all those we care about who live here- we will see you when we get back... hopefully with some great stories to tell!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DSCN5386DSCN5386
DSCN5386

dinner with family on Blue Hills in the Laurentians
DSCN5410DSCN5410
DSCN5410

Friday night BBQ on Mako
DSCN5494DSCN5494
DSCN5494

preparing Mako for the winter


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb