French spoken here - help!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
August 10th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Boy, what a whirlwind we seem to have been in lately! We have seen some amazingly old buildings, eaten some great meals and some we would have been better not to have eaten. That, however, is the way things go sometimes. My favourite so far has been the walled city of old Quebec. We had a lovely old chap for our local guide who told us about his growing up in the area, where he went to school, where he played, where he went to church and where he had some romantic episodes. The places are passed down from generation to generation so he knew the families all along the way, the lower levels of the houses have now been leased to businesses for cafes, shops, markets etc for to encourage tourists to come and spend time and of course money there. The people are very welcoming and cheerful and colourful. Tomorrow night we travel by train to Halifax - first class if you please!
Lovely to hear from you Gloria - sorry for lack of photos - finding the connecting spot is very difficult. When we get home we will send some photos. The Calgary time was lovely - loved that picnic!
Sorry to hear about your fall Joy. We hope you feel better by now. We didnt know about your trip to Auckland!
Hows Clarry getting on Leah?
Ron and I are having a relatively early night tonight. Walking tour of Montreal tomorrow morning before the train trip.Our love to you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb