The waiting game


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
October 24th 2005
Published: October 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We discovered that the only cheap flight we could get to Calgary would leave at 7.30am on Saturday morning so i felt that it seemed logical for us to spend that night in the airport, then we could save on a nights accommodation and ensure we did not miss the flight.

So around 9pm we went to the airport and just sat there, it was hard going and i soon thought i'd had a really stupid idea to do it this way. I tried to sleep at the airport and i think that i did sleep a bit but if i did it was only for an hour or so. My travel companion did not sleep at all. At 5am we were able to check in and the departure lounge was far more comfortable. Elaine seemed to be really tird at this point, but i felt quite energised and was o.k. by this point.

Eventually we got on the plane and the flight went fine, though i still get really nervous when i go on a plane, something i probably won't ever overcome, but i know i have to so i guess its o.k.

Elaine had tried to sleep on the plane but hadn't managed it and was really tired when we arrived in Calgary. We were able to get an immediate bus up to Banff in the Rockies, a 200 mile or so trip, the scenary on the way up was amazing. When we arrived it was around 12.30 and we were not allowed to check in until 2.30.

When we did check in Elaine immediately wanted to sleep, i lay down as well and apart from the odd wake up we both slept until around 6am the next morning - she knew she was tired, i guess i didn't know how tired i actually was.

I hope the experience of being in the Rockies goes well, because it is one of the most anticipated parts of the whole trip.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb