Toronto, ON


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 24th 2006
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

CN towerCN towerCN tower

Tallest in North America, we thought, until we got to Chicago and saw the Sears Tower...
Made a last minute decision to dive across the border to Canada for the weekend. Influenced by the shattering of our illusion that the Great Lakes were of similar beauty to the Lake District (in fact they are unbelievably industrial) and also that we can legally drink there. Stayed in Toronto in a cute little hostel downtown and had a pretty relaxing weekend seeing the city and sampling the nightlife. Went on a hostel pub crawl only to duck out at the second bar, as we found an cool live band. Stayed till the early hours to listen and get free drinks from the band who thought it was awesome we were from Manchester. Left Toronto on Monday evening for Chicago, on an overnight Greyhound (actually quite a plush bus). Had been warned that the experience may not be very nice, and indeed it was character forming. Rocked into Chicago bus station at 5am a bit sleep deprived and arrived at Sarah's (our univ host) with toast and tea awaiting which was lovely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb