the City of Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
May 5th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Throughout the years the City of Toronto has developed into a highly populated multiculturalism city within the Southern Ontario Region, and is considered the Capital of Southern Ontario to some. One may find so many multi-cultural events & festivities. As well, as many neighborhoods have taken major parts in the contribution in the formation of the city to what many of us know of today, and most likely will continue to evolve for many more years on end!!!!

The City of Toronto offers a vast arrangement of activities that range from dinning, to entertainment and right up to the nightlife scenes & much much more that can cater to almost every age & generation within today's society of age. When one steps into the streets of Toronto, one could find some of the finest dashing & indulging restaurants, pubs, cafes, lounges & bistros that could simply touch all of ones' senses & soul alone. One may also find so many different & interestingly intoxicating & exotic tastes that can simply sizzle ones' senses into the entrapping world of the culinary era within the many dining establishment locations that Toronto simply has to offer!!!

After partaking in the culinary world of Toronto, one may find so many intriguing & daring nightlife scenes within the general area of the Downtown Core and Surrounding areas. In particular, one may find so many nightlife spots around the Downtown Cored Neighbourhoods, where one can just stroll down the streets & find numerous spots to step forth & explore within many different scenes of the vibrant nightlife air of Toronto's society age alone!!!

If one is interested in the Nightlife Scenes of Toronto, I have written a few Blog entries related to some of the most interesting & fascinating scenes to touch ones' senses alone. The entries I've included are varied within the different styles of nightlife & within the streets of Toronto alone. In which are, Prime Pub-Fionn MacCool's: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/prime-pub-fionn-maccools.html ; Brazen Head Irish Pub: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/brazen-head-irish-pub.html ; Cl{v}b: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/clvb.html ; Dolce Social Ballroom: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/dolce-social-ballroom.html; Courthouse: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/courthouse.html; Pacha Restaurant & Lounge: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/pacha-restaurant-and-lounge.html; Chic Chinoise: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/chic-chinoise.html and the C Lounge: http://nitelifemagazine4sontario.blogspot.com/2010/10/c-lounge.html

Throughout the seasons, Toronto has so many fun filled things to do and see. Whether one is into the more adventurous scenes of the amusement park themes or more of a mind blogger whom likes to find many interesting facts about the world or science, or even in a more creative nature of seeing art exhibits & live entertaining shows like Broadway musicals. To find out some of the musical events and other entertaining festivities, such as live concerts. One can find all the information & buy tickets online at Ticketmaster, the link is: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/

With all those adventurous souls out there whom crave that spontaneous thrill of riding on the most dangerous rides known to man, some may find all the daring rides within Canada's Wonderland, in which is located just North of the Downtown Core in Vaughan. Than for those whom are into the more relaxing state of nature for fun, then one can find that Ontario Place has some relaxing & carefree kind of rides to take part in, especially for the little ones!!!!

One can find a very interesting nestled neighbourhood in the Toronto Region. In order to visit this neighbourhood, one has to catch a ferry as ways of transportation to the Toronto Island, and this ferry only runs in the warmer months of the year. This neighbourhood is tucked away into a more picturesque nature of the great outdoors and park-like setting. As well, there are a few that live on the island in a small residential community. And one will find that the Island has even its own airport and an amusement park called Centreville Island that caters mostly to families with small children. The Island also caters to Special Events such as many Cultured Festivals. The Toronto Island was considered a means of getting away for a Summer Holiday, in the Summer within a Cottage like setting filled with many beautiful built Victorian Estates & Cottages. Then, it turned into a recreational day trip island for many whom wanted to get away from the hustle & bustle of the streets of Toronto, and simply relax in a comforting environment set in nature!!!!

Toronto has some of the best spots to find that special something such as a piece of art, collectors item, clothing, apparel, etc. The best spots to find the most interesting shops are spread amongst some of the most interesting & high ended neighbourhoods and streets of Toronto. One may find when strolling along the street of Bloor so many high end shops that cater to every taste within today's society of markets. As well, Bloor street has some of the best shops for fashion, here one will find many fashion designer boutiques & shops. Within the Yorkville district, one may find a variety of shops & studios that can cater to anyones' taste & style, within our society of today!!!!

Some may find many adoring cultured small neighborhoods tucked away amongst the Metropolitan City of Toronto. One will find that there a numerous villages throughout, such as: The Kensington Market; The Annex; Bloor West; Cabbagetown; Wychwood Park; Riverdale; Hogg's Hollow; Little India; The Distillery District; Chinatown; Queen West; The Beach; St. Lawrence; Rosedale; Commercial District; High Park; Parkdale; Casa Loma & Forest Hill; Little Italy; The Danforth; The Islands; Yorkville; Korea Town; Brockton Triangle; Leslieville; Dufferin Grove; Bridle Path; Roncesvalles Village; Portugal Village; The Junction; Corso Italia; Weston; East York; Leaside; King West Village and many more in which are not listed here. In which, I'll only discuss a few outstandingly unique historic neighbourhoods of Toronto, of which have a very significant marking to the City Grounds within our age of society. One can find all the useful information in regards to Toronto's neighbourhoods here: http://www.toronto.worldweb.com/SightsAttractions/DistrictsNeighbourhoods/

To start off, the Distillery District of Toronto is a very well developed District of which is filled with so many vast arrays of cultured life throughout the ages. This District was situated before the Confederation of Canada & had been Governed under the British Empire Ruling of 1832, and eventually became the largest Distillery within all of the British Empire, within the Western World!!!

The Distillery has a very old European charmed atmospheric appeal to it. In which, is filled with so many vast differential looking Industrialized Buildings. Thus, bringing such a uniquely characteristic look of the Victorian Architecture to one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Toronto. When one is strolling down the streets of this adoringly quaint neighbourhood, one many not even feel as if they are in Toronto nor Canada anymore!!!

"The feeling that the Distillery can possess is on a very perplexed note, in which one can find themselves entrapped into a magical state of simply being transported back into the 1800's, to a time when Canada was called Upper Canada!!!" One can find further readings on this District in another Blog within my Travel Blog Site.

Now lets move onto the Casa Loma, of which was built originally as a home for Sir Henry Pallett and then he decided to auction off his home 5-10yrs later, due to the rise in taxes. Pallett then auctioned it off for the use of a luxury hotel, then it was turned into a popular night spot in the 1920s. But then, in the 1930s the City purchased it and it was opened to the public in 1937 as a tourist attraction, and now is run by the Kiwanis Club. Alot of the furniture that dwells within the walls of this resident, still look as if it is from the Victorian age or even the Renaissance age. There are many beautifully designed & manicured gardens that sit amongst the five acres of land. There are also a few underground tunnels that connect to the Castle, Hunting Lodge & the Stables, of which consist of a Garage, Potting Shed, Stalls, Carriage Rooms & Tack Rooms.

Casa Loma holds many unique architectural characteristics & that old world charm to the City of Toronto. In which, the Movie & Television Broadcasting Industry can find that these grounds can produce some of the most interesting & capturing movies and television shows set for our age of time. In which, one may see the grounds & castle in some movies as: X-Men, Strange Brew, Chicago, The Tuxedo, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, The Pacifier and the Harry Potter, the Deathly Hallows Movie where it was transformed into the Hogwarts.

"When one ventures threw the castles' interior domains, one almost feels as if they have stepped back into a time of royalty & chivalry, within an old English setting of what many may see in Britain or even in Europe within todays' age of society. Or even into a much further historical time when Kings & Queens dominated countries & ruled the lands within the Medieval ages of time!!!" One can find such beautiful photos of the Casa here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/casalomatoronto/galleries/72157624066873221/ And to find out more informative information in regards to the grounds, one can find the link here: http://www.casaloma.org/

Within the neighbouring neighbourhood of the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto, one will notice some of the historical locations in which help established the Old Town York & was a home to some of the founding fathers of Toronto. The St.Lawrence market is right in the Heart of Old York, or some may refer to this area as being the Historical Old Town Toronto. The City of Toronto was formed in the year of 1793, and the St.Lawrence area had played a significantly huge part in shaping & forming of the City of which is known to many, within this age of society!!!!

For those whom want to find out the full History of Toronto, one can find a very informative historical article here: http://www.stlawrencemarketbia.ca/oldtown.htm As well, to find a full listing of what the St.Lawrence Market has for vendors, one can find a listing here: http://www.stlawrencemarketbia.ca/market.htm And for those whom like to venture off into seeing some of the most interesting historical attractions and landmarks within the St.Lawrence district, the listing of some of the most significant landmarks in which help shape the face of Toronto, of which we know of today can be found here: http://www.stlawrencemarketbia.ca/attractions.htm As well, as much more informative information regarding restaurants, entertainment, shopping & services and many festive events that take part throughout the seasons of the year can be found on the website too!!!!

To find out the true history of Toronto, one should take a visit to Fort York within the Toronto area. Where one can experience the true nature of these grounds by having many guided tours, live demonstrations & view many exhibits & rooms in which are set to the times when the war of 1812 took place. Many have stated that Fort York is simply the story of Toronto. Around the year of 1793, Governor John Graves Simcoe had moved the Capital to Toronto from Niagara, and established a Naval Base in order to control Lake Ontario. After the war of 1812, the British returned to Toronto to build up the fortification at Fort York and still stands today as it did back in the Autumn of 1813. In 1934, Fort York was then opened as a Historical Site Museum for the viewing eyes of the public. To find out more information in regards to Fort York and much much more, one can find the link here: http://www.fortyork.ca/index.htm

One can find that the Kensingston Market in Toronto has a very vast array of cultural traits, within the many establishments catered to the public. As well, this region holds a vast degree of multi-cultural styles in richness of a broad range of European goods that are sold within the many unique quaint shops alike. There are many other continents that are also displayed within the walls of these shops, such as the exotic tastes & flavours from the Caribbean, the Middle East, South America and Asia. For those whom love to shop at many small shops filled with vintage material, treasures & antiques then this neighbourhood is simply for you!!!!

One may also find within the Kensington Market some deliciously tasting delicacy & delicate foods from some of the most diversified & finest butchers, grocers, bakers & fishmongers shops, as well a few interesting cafes & restaurants within the Toronto area alone. This neighbourhood is home to some of the freshest tasting produce & food (especially cheese & meat), and many spices filled with many exotic smells & flavours. Beware, some of the smaller shops within this neighbourhood don't except Debit Cards or Credit Cards, so the best thing to do when visiting this neighbourhood is simply to bring a little cash on hand!!! To find out more informative information relating to the Kensington Neighbourhood, one can find lots of useful information here: http://wikitravel.org/en/Toronto/Kensington_Market

One can find all the informative information in regards to 10 of the most significant Historical Museums' that the City of Toronto has to offer, as well, as one can explore online the History of the City of Toronto. For those whom aren't into venturing off into the City streets of Toronto and exploring in person some of the most interesting museums. Then, one can simply view a virtual tour of some of the Museums that Toronto has and many more interesting historical facts. Such as viewing & learning about some artifacts and the stories behind these interesting artifacts. There are so many more interesting things that the City of Toronto's Website can offer to the public, in regards to the Historical attributes of Toronto. One can find the site link here: http://www.toronto.ca/culture/museums/index.htm

The major landmark that Toronto holds dear to them is no other then the CN Tower. Of which, in 1995 the CN Tower was classified as being one of the Seven Wonders of the World, within our modern society age of the World Wonders, and is considered to be one of the tallest towers within the world alone. This landmarks serves for just a few different purposes, such as being a tourist spot, world-class entertainment and a vast range of many different & unique attractions, exhibits, food & beverage venues, as well, as the most significant use the Tower provides to the City alone, is the service of a telecommunication hub!!!

Throughout the many seasons of the year, the City of Toronto puts on a very dazzling light show, within the Tower Walls of the CN Tower. Of which, one can spot at times the vast colors of red & white, decreased amount of lighting, shades of blue, green and yellow throughout the spring & summer months of the year. One can find out all about the significant meanings behind all these different colors of lighting here: http://www.cntower.ca/plan_your_visit/attractions/night_lighting

Whether one is living within the streets of Toronto or visiting, one can simply enjoy the light show while strolling threw the many streets of Toronto, or simply enjoy them in a more relaxed scene while partaking in the many different styles of nightlife within the Downtown District of Toronto. Some of the most relaxing nightlife scenes that Toronto has to offer can be within many dashing arrays of patio terraces that may be situated within a lounge-restaurant atmosphere, where one can simply feel the elegant degrees & views of the intriguingly fascinating light show that the CN Tower portrays to the streets of Toronto alone!!! One can find out all about the CN Tower here: http://www.cntower.ca/index.aspx

For those whom are wanting to find out more about the Nightlife Scenes & establishments within the Toronto Area. One can find out all about the many styles of dining establishments, in which may be filled with many scrumptious cuisine dishes & platters. As well, as a listing of places to stay, things to do & see, what to do & a yearly calendar of events. And, how to plan your next visit to Toronto & make it worth the drive down, a memorable one for years on end. One can view all the informative information and much much more here: http://www.seetorontonow.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb