Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
December 27th 2010
Published: December 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We slept in a car park just outside Toronto, beside McDonalds. It was only -12C outside and there was ice beginning to appear on the inside of the windscreen. The 7 seater car was slightly uncomfortable and it was not a good sleep, it was especially bad being woken up every so often from the car being switched on for heating - the cold did not bother me at all.

At 10am, we went to the supermarket just beside us, it was called "Sunny Foodmarket." I bought some sandwhich meat - Halal beef - and some bread, to help ease the cost of food.

The idea was to go to the CN Tower, but when we got there it was more than $25 to go up the CN Tower.
Ace decided to go up there regardless, but the rest of us felt that the price was too much. Financial strain was beginning to be felt at only Day 10 of the 28 day trip.
The CN tower also looked a lot more ugly during the day, the lack of neon bright lighting made the tower look bland. Strong winds also prevented anyone from reaching the very top and slowed the elevators down.

Instead the rest of us went for a walk around Toronto, then a coffee shop for the wireless internet for a couple of hours. Toronto was the coldest city we had visited so far. It was -4C during the day and with wind chill it was too cold. The cold was overwhelming and almost spoiled the city for me. Fortunately there was an underground city. The underground city was basically a shopping mall, and food courts built under the city.
It was completely dead due to it being a public holiday, but it was well heated and luxurious for walking around the city.

Most of the city travel we did was underground in order for us to keep warm.
Even the pigeons were huddled together and as close to the underground as possible because it was so cold.
We returned to the CN Tower to meet Ace and the headed into the town centre to get a drink and some food.
We walked to the main street - which is apparently the longest street in the world. Its 40 miles long!
We drank in a small bar and then ate in a nice Chinese Restaurant - which was the best value meal I've had since leaving California.
We were all very tired from the night before so left the city and drove to our hotel on the suburbs of Toronto.
Good nights sleep before spending the day at Niagara Falls tomorow!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb