There's No Crying in Baseball


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 13th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Home of the JaysHome of the JaysHome of the Jays

Davis outside the famous Rogers Centre
Still making the most of our off-season, Team Ted decided to check out the moves of some other "athletes" with a visit to the Rogers Centre - home ground of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team.

Although we demonstrated our allegiance with a pre-match purchase of Jays caps (mainly to hide Ted's hair which kinda needs a cut...), the opposing team were none other than the Yankees which is actually Teddy's team. Fair-weather fan that he is...

Tell you what, it was a great way to spend the afternoon! Although neither of us are particularly huge fans of baseball (and struggled with a couple of the calls - Davis eavesdropped on other fans' conversations to establish what was going on) it was still brilliant to be at the game.

With the weather threatening rain, the stadium's famous roof ("first stadium to have a fully-retractable motorized roof") was closed throughout the game which was kinda cool - it was weird to be in such a huge stadium watching an "outdoor" sport but still be "indoors".

It was such a good atmosphere as well - very safe and friendly and just all round fun. Even though the game itself was not the
Pre-Game BuzzPre-Game BuzzPre-Game Buzz

ST can barely contain his excitement while soaking up the atmosphere outside the stadium...
most action-packed ever played...until the 8th innings at least when it suddenly got VERY exciting: Two batters were struck by pitches (ow!)...the Yankees scored 4 runs (after being on 0 to the Jays' 2)...the Yankees coach was ejected for arguing a call...A-Rod went off injured (after accomplishing precisely nothing all game - not exactly earning his $275 million...)...the Jays replaced their pitchers numerous times in desperation after being smacked all over the field...so yes, a little bit of action for us.

But the highlight of the day has to be the hotdogs! At $5.50 each *gasp* they wanted to be bloody good...and they were - although it was more about the experience of course! And the $4.50 Coke...we didn't even bother with the $10 beers!

For the record, the final score was 4-2 to the Yankees so ST was happy (even in his Jays hat).


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

All Part of the GameAll Part of the Game
All Part of the Game

Davis poses outside the stadium with the obligatory programme...only $5 (!) - cheaper than a hotdog, bargain.
Batter UpBatter Up
Batter Up

Vazquez pitches for the Yankees
During the GameDuring the Game
During the Game

Davis enjoys the action. Note the closed roof - wow.
A-Rod's Best AngleA-Rod's Best Angle
A-Rod's Best Angle

$275 million dollars well spent. We're still not sure how he managed to injure himself during the game - probably standing like this for too long.
Baseball & HotdogsBaseball & Hotdogs
Baseball & Hotdogs

Davis enjoys her hotdog - at $1 per bite it better be the best hotdog ever made.
Team Ted pose as Jays fansTeam Ted pose as Jays fans
Team Ted pose as Jays fans

Checking out the field post-game, brandishing the clacker-thingies some hot chicks dressed in Jays gear handed out during the game. Only to our section though which was slightly odd.


16th June 2010

Sounds like you had a great time. Did you see Ferris??????????
16th June 2010

Baseball Blog
Hi Rhyll and "Ted" - Very entertaining blog, You Two...perhaps you have a career in this??? - X, Dad and MJ

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb