We're off to see the world


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 8th 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Harvey and LindsayHarvey and LindsayHarvey and Lindsay

Here we are practising
Hi from TORONTO . Canada (and from the plane)

We still can’t believe we’re going on this amazing voyage… Forty days onboard the Oceania Nautica with 23 stops in some fabulous ports,... which is, literally, the “Route of the Ancient Traders”…We’ve been to some of these places before, but look forward to seeing them all again, as well as the new cities in India, U.A.E., Malaysia , Thailand, and Singapore…and afterwards, we will spend some time in Shanghai ! Getting quite excited.

We’ve been packing…(and then taking stuff out of the suitcase) and preparing (researching and reading) and practicing (our foreign language skills) , more packing and more researching and finally we’re ready for our adventure….which we now refer to as the “Noah Cruise” (Forty days and forty nights).

First stop, ….Istanbul for a few days, and on November 10th, we board the ship where we will meet up with our new travelling friends, (who are also cruising on the Nautica)….three great couples: Barbara and Nate Haber, Shirley and Michael Molot, and Barbara and Rob Paikin.

Saturday, Nov 7th, yesterday----- Our connecting flight in New York for a 5pm flight to Istanbul, was delightful, with perfect weather for both take-off and landing. Great dinner, movies and some reading on the easy flight was a very nice way to start. The seats extended to flat beds, so we both had some shut eye and woke relatively refreshed at our destination.
So now we have just arrived in Turkey….more info to come as soon as we get settled.

You should be receiving email notices as we add each story,
( ‘cause we thought you might enjoy hearing about our adventures.)
We’d love to share our voyage with you, so please join us for the next 7 weeks as we travel around the world.

Love and hugs,
Harvey and Lindsay



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb