Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's great to be traveling abroad, but in the end, there's no place like home. Being back in Toronto is nice and refreshing after being in Hong Kong for a while. The air is fresher, it's not as humid, and breathing is a lot easier.

It's been raining a lot, but the skies have been doing something strange as well. Rainy on one side of town and really sunny on the other. Perfect for a rainbow. I saw the biggest and most complete rainbow arch. It was beautiful.

Another remarkable thing about Canada is the Northern Borealis. The other night, I was driving north (towards New Market) at around 9pm. Although I was facing north, Toronto is in the southern end of Ontario. But still, I was able to see a little bit of what seemed to resemble the Borealis. A dark sky marked with pink and purple in the northern horizon. I've decided that I will take a trip north to the Territories or to Nunavut to fully experience it. I want to see the Northern Lights, the midnight sun, go white water rafting, and hiking.

This past weekend was the Gay Pride Parade in Toronto. It was amazing. Paraders had beautiful and extravagant costumes. Some were even made out of balloons which was pretty cool. They were throwing freebies (like condoms haha) everywhere and the spirits were very high. It was like a giant party on the street. Music was blasting, people were dancing, and it was a huge celebration of all sexual orientations and their lifestyles. Cheers to GLBT and good times!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb