Leaving on a jet plane....


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
July 10th 2008
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello to All,

This is our first entry into the newly created "McCrae Ladies in Peru" blog site! My mom and I are hoping to be able to update you all with our travels/adventures every now and then during the trip. Not sure how often we will be able to check in though...stay tuned for updates!

It is currently 2:45 a.m. on Thursday morning and we are set to take off this morning at 7:55 a.m. on Continental Airlines flight CO1867 bound for Houston. This flight arrives in Houston at 10:21 a.m. and is a total of 3h26min. We then have a layover in Houston for a few hours, boarding Continental flight CO590 at 3:55 which will take us to Lima (the capital/main city of Peru). This flight is 6h37min and arrives in Lima at 10:32 p.m.

Once we arrive in Lima, we are being picked up and taken to our hotel which we will be staying at for two nights. We plan to explore the city of Lima on Friday before setting off (flying on a LAN PERU flight - not sure of details at the moment!) for the Amazon Saturday morning where we will stay for our jungle tour (3 nights, 4 days) and an additional day/night in Iquitos (the main town in the Peruvian Amazon).

We have had quite the adventure planning the skeleton of our trip and are excited and a little nervous for what the next three weeks entail. As I mentioned above, we will try to check-in as often as possible using this travel blog so please follow along with us!

Thank you for all the good luck wishes and thoughts as we set off on our travels! Please feel free to email either/both of us, facebook Laura, or of course post comments on here!

Hasta Luego! Adios!
xoxo

Advertisement



10th July 2008

Be safe.
The two of you will have a great trip. I cannot wait to check in and hear about your experiences..be safe and check in as often as possible. Colleen
10th July 2008

So exciting Lors!! Hope you and your mum have a fantastic time! So glad you are doing this blog so I can hear all of your stories!! xoxo
12th July 2008

Playing chicken
Sounds like Rome and NYC! Thinking of you. Love, Stay warm and safe.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb