Eve Of Departure from Toronto to Bangkok


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 10th 2004
Published: November 10th 2004
Edit Blog Post

I am Dennis and my wife Celine and I are past our mid 50's; retired on a fixed income and this will be our first trip to Thailand and S.E. Asia. While raising our kids, we rarely left North America. For this first 22 day trip, we have 3 objectives:
1) Enjoy the cultural experience close to what middle class Thai would.
2) Stick with 2 star hotels, as long as they are clean and conveniently located.
3) Avoid burning rubber or running all over the country to touch as many tourist spots for the $ we spend.

We picked United Airlines to fly Toronto-Chicago-Tokyo (Narita)- Bangkok. It was the least expensive at approx $1350 / person incl. taxes. However it includes 13 hour and 7 hour flight segments. Ouch! says our lower backs!

We have two small back packs and 1 large suitcase (3/4 full). If we find shopping for Christmas gifts and clothing a compelling matter, we may buy a cheap suitacase in Bangkok.

We hope to spend 1 week of leisure at the beaches and consider the merits of self directed and conducted tours into Northern Thailand. Our first 4 nights will be at the New World Lodge Banglampuu in the old part of Bangkok. At 900B for a deluxe double it is above our budget of 500B to 650B. Then again we know not better until we get there and adapt and scout out Bangkok and plan our trips.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb