Day 1 - Depart Calgary for Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 27th 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last few days were filled with mixed emotions as we stressed about planning and preparation, said goodbye to friends and family, and finally realized the excitement that we're actually leaving on our trip. It's one of those things that you plan for so long and all of a sudden our departure date is here!

We spent last Wednesday to Friday in St. Paul visiting with Kathie's parents. We went for one last spin on the quads, played with all the new kittens, and finalized insurance and banking info. We also got to have one last visit with Furball who we adopted from Kathie's sister Karyn when she went to Bermuda (Furball is spending the next year in St. Paul). On the way back to Calgary we stopped by Sylvan Lake to have a really nice visit with Kathie's Grandma.

Last night we had Sunday supper at Jordan's parents' place one more time. This morning we said our goodbyes at the airport to Jordan's parents and his brother. It was tough for all of us and the tears were plenty.

We want to thank all our friends and family for their support. Special thanks to Dustin and Romy for hosting us tonight in Toronto. To Brad for putting us up in his house (or is that putting up with us in his house) for the last month while our condo was being rented out. To Karyn for the fabulous week we have planned for Bermuda. And finally to our parents for all their love and support along the way.

Next stop = Bermuda!

All the best,

Jordan & Kathie


Advertisement



Tot: 0.469s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 37; qc: 158; dbt: 0.3522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb