Biking Sarnia's Seaway Trail


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sarnia
August 22nd 2016
Published: August 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Biking on Sarnia Ontario's Bluewater Bike Path (aka Seaway Trail)








This is a short trail that is more suited to walking than it is to biking due to its short length of about 6 km.

Lots of benches along the way. Found only one porta potty and no water. The trail is mostly concrete and in good condition.

It is not continuous as there are small breaks in the south and northern portions.



One part of the trail starts at Point Lands Park on Seaway Road and follows the St Clair River south passing through more parks and gardens. It ends at Paul Blundy Park and you must go along the sidewalk along Front Street for a short distance where it picks up again at Front and Johnson Streets and continues through some more park land.



The northern section begins behind the OLG casino, off Venetian Blvd. (accessible from Point Lands Park along a wide sidewalk.

It closely follows the St. Clair River and goes under the Bluewater Bridge joining Sarnia Ontario to Port Huron Michigan) Most of the area is parkland. Under the bridge on a summer day you will find younger people jumping into the fast flowing current and floating down river a bit. This portion of the trail is not much more than 2 km in length.

Since the St. Clair river joins Lake Huron and Lake Erie, you will most likely observe, up close, great lakes ships going by.



MORE PHOTOS BELOW











Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Bluewater-Seaway Trail (22)Bluewater-Seaway Trail (22)
Bluewater-Seaway Trail (22)

Trail along wide sidewalk
bluewter-seaway trail 25bluewter-seaway trail 25
bluewter-seaway trail 25

End of the trail - south


Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb