2 more sleeps!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
January 2nd 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Right, the kids are all off to their respective places as of this morning and we are missing them already! A wonderful holiday and all!!!

So here we are, two days from departure. Still packing, or at least thinking about it. Training, well, too late for that. Attempting to kick colds and bronchitis before we start this silliness....25 hours of flying and then on January 6th we arrive Phnom Penh, hopefully gathering all our baggage and then off to the Eureka Villas in the care of our friend Hen.

Certainly a beer around the pool and then we will head to the market to gather last minute items/gear (a big mat for the mid day sleep and two containers for filtering/storing the water we will use along the way). Maybe a few fried critters for the snack sacks!

Once that is all sorted we settle on the actual start day, hoping for January 9th....just a thought, none of our experiences in Cambodia relating to distances are actually accurate unless you are physically carrying a GPS along the way. We will have 3! So yes the daily mileage is subject to change!

Travel day....Drive from Phnom to Stung Treng and overnight

Day 1
Drive from Stung Treng to Osvay - Run 47km Osvay to Stung Treng

Day 2
Run 36km from Stung Treng to Tbong Kla Village – Dirt road that follows river to Tbong Kla Village

Day 3
Run 42km from Tbong Kla Village to O’Chreoung Village – 22km dirt road, 20 km of main road.

Drive back to Kohknha Village on river side area and stay in Kohknha Village

Day 4
Run 42km from Kohknha to Kratie City – Dirt and made road along river.

Day 5
Run 34km from Kratie to Chroy Thmor Krom Village – Local roads along river. Stay in Chroy Thmor Krom Village

Day 6
Run 53km from Chroy Thmor Krom Village to Stung Trong -Cross river on ferry (last ferry 6pm) Stung Trong

Day 7
Run 33km from Stung Trong to Kampong Cham

Day 8 - Kampong Cham to Phnom Penh...120km or so....hmmm things get fuzzy here.....anyway, we make our way to PP and then on to the Vietnamese border, a short 85km or so south, along the river....

Day 10 - ? - Phnom Penh to Vietnamese border...85km....

Day something beyond ? - relax, reflect, recover.....Beach, mountains, more running, poolside completely horzontial....planning our next adventure where we will ask you to donate your coffee money!

BTW, as a group, we have raised more than twice the dollars as last year and thanks to you, many more families and children will have clean drinking water in 2011! You FREAKING Rock!

We have committed to fund raising until the end of Feburary so there is still time to help. Please give as you can...

Cheers,

J/N


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb