Trading the white road for the red road....


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
January 21st 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

No more sleeps, no more running, except for maybe flights....

Before we get too far along, we wanted to say thanks to a few very wonderful folks. In no particular order: When this dream first started, there was a 'Fear Change' Growler in the kitchen, for all of you, and you know who you are, many thanks for kick starting the dream. Basecamp and family, Mike/Tammy, Linda and Chuck, Kelli and Mark, Brian the physical terrorist, Mark and Emily, Nicole, Cathy the Irish Jersey girl and her family, Jane, Loraine, Louise, Paul D and a very heart felt thanks to the Ottawa Airport Authority. Every one of you are making a difference and your kindness and generosity is amazing.

The run would not be a possibility without those who broke us down and those who put us back together again. Ray, we would run anywhere with you! Your mentoring, guidance, support and understanding kept us on the right track. As well, you are the only person who did not think we were at least a bit crazy. Good luck to you and Kevin in Siberia. We will follow along and hope to some day soon drag you to warmer climates, think Cambodia!

Brian, you broke us down even further and managed each time to put us back together. Many thanks to you and Adam!

Bruce, well, you are out on your own....we have truly enjoyed and benefited from your help and your friendship. Good luck on your walkabout!

The WestJet team in Ottawa! First the help with the Death Race flights and now this, thank you!

Dan. You took a dream and threw it out there. Many thanks and you ARE on the hook for 2013!

Certainly never to be overlooked, Michel. The minder of Denver the uberfrankenberner Emo dog! You of all people can keep him in blue eyeshadow. Please keep sending the Denver goes to camp stories!

So here we are, screaming wooowhoooo at any given moment. A dream that has amazed us and we've not even really started. We are not sure where all of this will take us but we can guarantee laughter and drama. Come along, laugh with us, at us and challenge us. Thank you all for your help and support. We would not be here without you

Cheers!
Nat and Jeff

Advertisement



22nd January 2010

One Emotion at the time
Yes we can make a difference.., One Emotion at the time Dan
24th January 2010

Both of you are crazy...
Dont doubt it one second. The issue is not wether you are or not, it is wether you will stand to your craziness to its resolve or not. Neither is the point about people being "with you" or not. If you are "with yourself", the rest is academic. It's your lives. I seldom ask if people are in agreement with my choices though I appreciate those who challenge them as much as those who support them. Have fun and enjoy if and when you feel it's your way to go. Captain Emo is doing fine. I'm seriously revisiting my initial judgment about his IQ. He is slowly convincing all of us that his reactions or lack of in certain cases are not related to a less-than-genius IQ as much as a visceral stubborness bred into them for centuries so that they become as autonomous as possible in managing what they have been bred to do : take care of herds in mountainous environments, take care of people, be gentle and front bears, wolves and bandits who want to get in the way. They are not East-german bred Olympian Chiwawas on steroids. Captain Emo happens to be a highly intelligent dog. He just doesn't give a f*ck about what two-legged animals whish him to do. He does things when and how he feels he should do them and he adapts if he finds there is some logic to it. He's a pleasant companion, attentive, playful, humorous, sometimes in a mocking way, and already is a great watch dog with a definite sense of his territory. He loves massages and is very affectionate. Given the size, demonstrations of such take a special meaning. It's one thing to have Tampa trying to get one's attention by less-than-gently sticking her snub under one's arm and lifting it, and Denver doing somewhat the same. It's a question of proportion. Have a great run. Then another. Then another up to and including the sixth one. Be careful with cambodian driving habits. You have been warned brakes are an option for local drivers, while horns are an absolute necessity. Then there are the odours, compounded by heat and humidity. I love you. Now, for the human update, things are going fine, our Rio man got back the day you guys left and while the meteorologist is predicting rain for the next two days, we would all prefer 30cm of fresh snow. «La Nina» cycle makes for weird winters .

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb