On The Road


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Orillia
April 13th 2010
Published: April 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It Wasn't Us, Honest!It Wasn't Us, Honest!It Wasn't Us, Honest!

The car proves it belongs in the team by being injured before it even makes its debut
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, new signing Lennon the car

PITCH CONDITION: Still clear and sunny but the chilly wind is still making its presence known.

MATCH OVERVIEW: Our first away game delivered an encouraging start.

PLAYER INFO: Lennon made a stunning debut even after getting injured before actually joining the team.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- New signing Lennon - named because he is compact and fast but carrying an injury. (For non-Premier League fans he is named after Aaron Lennon, Tottenham Hotspur winger)

- Took AGES to actually get out of Toronto - it is a big city! With lots of traffic lights! We then struggled to actually find the on-ramp to the highway we needed...which makes us sound a bit thick but let's just say the signage we have encountered so far has been remarkably poor!

- First stop was the town of Barrie on Lake Simcoe. The lake is beautiful (and HUGE) but the town was very quiet as it is out of season. Which is nice as we don't have to fight the crowds! We stopped for lunch - traditional Canadian kebabs of course mmmmmmmmmm!

- Next stop was at Ted's insistance
Downtown BarrieDowntown BarrieDowntown Barrie

We imagine it gets a lot busier in summer...
- the town of Collingwood *Davis rolls her eyes*. Remarkably like the team, this stop was pointless...but a happy ST got his pic taken next to the sign.

- Moved on to nearby Wasaga Beach, which again was pretty deserted as we are out of peak season. Stopped for a yummy ice cream and chatted to the lovely and extremely helpful lady working there. Seriously, everyone in this country is soooo nice and friendly and happy to help out wherever they can. We totally love Canadians!

- Final destination was Orillia, which we have of course renamed O-Rhyllie-A. Got here about 7pm so just went for a quick drive "downtown" and will explore properly in the morning.


SUMMARY: A brilliant first day of our 18-day road trip. We are loving the huge wide roads, the massive open spaces and the gorgeous lakes etc. We are NOT loving the piss-poor signage but I am sure we will manage! Everything looks pretty much like you would imagine - gorgeous gabled farmhouses, big silos, massive trees, beautiful clear lakes......to sum up, we LOVE IT.


Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hang on, this isn't MelbourneHang on, this isn't Melbourne
Hang on, this isn't Melbourne

The town is like the team - promises more than it delivers
ST the GymnastST the Gymnast
ST the Gymnast

A frankly poor effort at a handstand on a deserted Wasaga Beach
Thanks GrandmaThanks Grandma
Thanks Grandma

Yummy ice cream in Wasaga Beach


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb