Return to the City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Oakville
January 5th 2014
Published: January 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a wonderful nine days up north, the Turners have returned to the city. Christmas was a wonderful affair in the city with Grandma and Papa. They spoiled us rotten and I LOVED my compressor. What girl wouldn't? We then packed up to spend the rest of the holidays in the Ontario north. We spent Boxing Day at a beautiful resort called The Rosseau by JW Marriott. It is located (obviously) on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka. We spent time swimming, playing games, and the adults enjoyed a lovely massage in the luxurious spa. Elizabeth loved swimming in the outdoor pool, while Jack and I stayed in the outdoor hot tub. The resort was decorated for Christmas - so pretty. On the 27th, we made the trek, and I do mean trek, into our cottage. The snow was about 3 feet deep down the hill, and for those of you who know the hill, it was a struggle. But, once we got the water going and the fire burning, we were happily relaxing in the comfort of our home away from home. From the 29th to the 31st, the kids had ski and snowboard lessons and we all had a great time. New Year's Eve was spent with friends on Bay Lake, and New Year's Day was one of the most relaxing ever! The temperatures kept us inside quite a bit. Most days, the temperatures hovered between minus 15 and minus 25. However, it was minus 34 on January 3rd - the day we were heading out! The car wouldn't start, but a kind neighbour helped us out. We then headed to the Taylors for the night where we were spoiled, as always! And then, we made our way home yesterday. Nice to be home, but so much to do to get ready for school. I love the holidays. I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and may I wish each and everyone all the best in the new year!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb