Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
October 17th 2006
Published: October 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at the Hilton in Niagara after a pleasant bus journey. Was sitting beside some Jamaican woman and we talked about living in Canada, Scotland, the weather (as usual) and most importantly the pros and cons of gambling at casino. I'm pretty sure I convinced her it was all good.

Anyway, the catch with us getting this room at the Hilton was that Richard had to pretend he had just started working at the hotel his sister is based at and some other complicated story about being on vacation. Obviously this didn't fill Baz and I with confidence as Richard went to check in, but surprisingly he did manage to pull it off. Although he did manage to lose one of the room keys only 5 mins. after checking in. A taxi driver was telling us that our hotel is just one of many which have come along over the past few years to cash in on the tourism. And it'll no doubt keep expanding which is a pity. In fact they've probably built a new hotel resort while I've been typing this!

So to the Falls then. There are two Niagara Falls, one on American soil, the other on Canadian. I have to say as impressive as the American falls are they're like a dripping tap compared to the Canadian falls. (Just goes to show everything isn't always bigger and better in the good ol' US of A) These were amazing, so powerful and a reminder that you can't mess with nature. I managed to work out how to use the video function on my camera so hopefully it'll give you an idea. The Maid of the Mist boat which takes you out beside the falls would have been great but we missed the last trip of the day. (Missing things is becoming a bit of a habit already).

Ain't much else to do after seeing the Falls so we lazed around the hotel then went out to the Falls View casino at night. It was a pretty overwhelming atmosphere with the noise of thousands of slot machines, flashing lights, happy looking people (winning) and depressed looking people (losing). The thing is, this casino is probably nothing compared to what we're gonna see in Vegas. By the way, I ended up being one of the happy looking people......just.

Next stop Boston.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb