Ambassador, Ambience - Sydney, Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Sydney
September 26th 2023
Published: September 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 24th September 2023 at sea Monday 25th September 2023 - Sydney, Nova Scotia
As it was, we left at 08.30 am and apart from a lecture in the morning about the Mi’kmaq indigenous people of Nova Scotia, didn’t do a lot else except whale watching, and sitting in the sun!! (making the most of it!!)
Arrived in Sydney, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia about 8.00am but had to wait for a tender until about 9.00am and the ride took about 20mins! There didn’t seem too much to do in Sydney itself and there were another 3 big cruise ships in Port, so we managed to find another couple (Hong + Connor!!) to share a taxi with us to do part of the Cabot Trail with us and also see the pretty town of Baddeck (Can $350 for 4 hours – approx. £210 for car - £52.50 pp). Our Taxi driver (Manny!!) was an excellent driver and once out of Sydney the roads were more or less empty, and we made good time to our first viewpoint and then a short ferry ride across St Annes Harbour. There seems to be a lot of trees here ( which are just beginning to show their autumn colours although still mainly green!!) water inlets and empty roads!! After stopping at North Shore we drove inland through Goose Cove and St Annes before turning towards Baddeck!!
Dropped the other two at the Alexander Graham Bell Museum and we went to the waterfront and were shown the statues of Alexander Graham Bell and his house! Had a quick wander around (we only had an hour!!) along the sea shore, before going on the main road to look at the churches ( we spotted three but I’m sure there could be more!!)
Got picked up by the taxi who dropped us at Wentworth Park in Sydney where we walked along the boardwalk and admired the waterfront and statues!!, before catching last Tender back to Ship @ 4 pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb