Checking In on Our Contact List. Want to Stay On?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
January 18th 2015
Published: July 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.6462, -63.5739

Hi all! You signed up to Jim and Donna's travel blog when we were on our big adventure in 2012-2013. We don't want to assume you are interested in all our travels so we are checking in with you.

After having escaped winter for that 2012-2013 year, Jim especially is finding winters difficult here in Nova Scotia, Canada. When I say difficult, I mean he whinges regularly and wants nothing to do with shovelling or loading up the wood stove ever again! I like the changing seasons, however, the length of our seasons here are completely upside down. Who wants the long, cold winters that go on forever with temperatures resembling a bouncy ball gone wild?

And then, as the promise of spring begins to break we creep into a time enveloped in grey, wet, uncompromising dreariness only to breathe a sigh of relief when the sun shines and warms up our land and hearts. Only then are we rejoicing in this land of the gods and goddesses for our short yet spectacular two months - if we are lucky - of summer. Gorgeous beaches, many devoid of other humans, reaching on forever and inviting us into the crisp freshness, revitalization, and cleansing waves of the Atlantic ocean.

All that being said, we are heading into a time in our lives when we plan to be travelling more and we are recommitting to our blog. Upcoming is a small trip to Maui, Hawaii...an escape from the winter. We will be setting up a new blog for that trip (still with www.travelpod.com).

Please reply to us if you want to be DELETED as a contact. If we don't hear from you, you will receive our emails every time we post beginning with Maui. You can always unsubscribe at any time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



18th January 2015

You forgot about the lobsters, for which I have envied you for years.
18th January 2015

Don't drop me from the list. I love your blog.
18th January 2015

Can't wait to continue reading your BLOG xo
19th January 2015

I didn't mention two fantastic things about NS - the autumn which is the most stunning season of all and lobsters. I don't need to say anything more about lobsters. You all must know how tasty NS lobsters are!
19th January 2015

Since you have me on both home and work e-mail accounts, it might be a good time to remove this one (work).
23rd January 2015

i'm in / on! and DO keep sending extraordinary photos, too! xo sue

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb