Cape Breton, NS


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton » North Sydney
August 5th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a long and arduous period of hiatus, We are REALLY glad to say…..We’re back!!!!!
We apologize to everyone for remaining so quiet during the while, as many of you know, we spent all that time lining up our ducks to come back bigger and stronger than we’ve ever been before.
Annie and I are doing really well, and we are so proud of what we have accomplished in our quest of setting sail once again ..
After two long summers of completing s/v WeBeSailing’s refit and working the very cold winters in Edmonton & Fort McMurray Alberta… we are now ready to set sail on our voyage of a life time… right now the schedule is that we are to be launched in the water between August 6th and the 12th . First thing in the schedule is to re-christen her !!!, so you can rest assured that champagne will be dousing her bow and we will be celebrating or asses off!!
After the hang-over has passed and with the aid of several gallons of hot coffee in us, we should be good to do some sea trials locally off the coast here in Cape Breton. We’ll spend whatever time is needed to ensure everything is good to go, and once our check list goes green with all our sea trials, the next step is too set sail West in direction for Annapolis Maryland, where we will sit to wait out the 2009 hurricane season (and of course enjoy the boat show in October with some dear friends… What kind of sailors would we be if our priorities didn’t include fun and laughs and grog?!?!).
Soon after we will be setting sail to the West Indies (better known as the Caribbean).
Anyone who’s had the opportunity to sit and dine with us knows that Annie is a great chef. But just you wait!!! Her finest hours a will be once again when hit the warm waters of the Caribbean, with fresh fish and local produce.. We can’t wait… Annie has written and published a new cookbook, and is anxious to prepare some new tasty dishes for our guests. Check our web site to see how you can obtain a copy of this book for yourself.
WeBeSailing has undergone a complete refit of her galley, sufficient to make any chef want to create the tastiest of dishes. Her new lab style galley, complete with a Shipmate stove and ice cold Seafrost fridge/freezer combo is a fun playground for Annie and I to work in. All set in an Island feeling, decorated Tiki style with bamboo finish, coconut lights that give it all a great warm cozy feeling.
Our guest cabins, appropriately named TIKI HUT, BAMBOO COVE, and GILLIGAN’S ISLAND have been refitted and are ready to accommodate you in comfort and, well, in special style and ambience Mon!
So start dusting off your snorkeling gear and pull out your polka-dot bikini’s and stripped Speedo’s, as the invitation is open to join us this winter in our sunny escapade in the Islands… keep checking our web site www.WeBeSailing.com for updates and available sailing dates..
We must leave you now as there is still a lot to do, but we are on the home stretch…
Stay tuned… In the coming future blogs, we will post some much anticipated “before and after” pictures of our baby. We talked a lot about her, but it will soon be time to unveil her.


Advertisement



7th August 2009

Tourism Survey- Win Gift Certificate!
Hello, My name is Carolyn Reardon, and I am a researcher from the London School of Economics and Political Science, although originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am currently studying the implications of wind turbines on tourism to Nova Scotia, and was wondering if you could please assist me with this research. I have a very brief online survey, found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=QzdBnPhrBwAAlijC6gaM1Q_3d_3d Please complete this survey to qualify to win a gift certificate to a Halifax restaurant! I am hoping to target as many people as possible who have travelled to or within Nova Scotia within the last 5 years. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Carolyn Reardon MSc Candidate, Environment and Development London School of Economics and Political Science
8th August 2009

HOORAH
Well this is the best reading in a very long time, welcome back! I've been keeping up on the progress through dad and think the hard work and the sacrifices will be worth it all. Just the picture of the boat sitting in the cradle it looks like fun and looks like it will provide a life time of adventure and fun. Enjoy the ride we all will be watching with great envy and will vicariously live the adventure through the both of you. Annie, Eric the best of luck and may Neptune watch over you and guide you safely always! Coby and Eileen Ingham

Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb