Newfoundland and Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dear Friends --

These first photos were taken on the Cabot Trail in New Breton, the northern half of Nova Scotia. We left our cabin in Maine on the 23rd of May, then crossed over to New Brunswick, CA from Calais, ME, a two hour drive from home. We drove north in New Brunswick to where we could cross over into Nova Scotia and then headed north to New Breton and the Cabot Trail, which is quite lovely. That took us to the northern most part of Nova Scotia where we caught the 5-hour ferry to Newfoundland.

Note the twin set toilets I ran across in a restaurant. Either they're built for couples who can't stand to be apart for even a minute or the residents of Nova Scotia are really, really friendly folk.

The sign photo was on the door to a toilet on the ferry. Do you think people on the ferry are inclined to throw bottles in the toilets? Puzzling.

We saw our first "bergie bit" after crossing from western Newfoundland to the eastern side. There we saw bergie bits and actual icebergs all over the place, hundreds of them. "Growlers" are smaller pieces, up to 3 feet above water while bergie bits can be up to 13 feet above water. I guess if they're higher than that, they're actually icebergs. You can see some in the photos.

For those of you getting a blog from me for the first time -- If you double click on a photo, it will enlarge quite a bit along with the other photos. To move from one photo to another, click on the arrows on each side of a photo.

Best wishes,

Paula

PS - More photos to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

dragon with horse headdragon with horse head
dragon with horse head

Sorry this is so blurry. I don't usually use a tripod.
green blue watergreen blue water
green blue water

Really cold.


Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb