New Brunswick: The Grand Finale and the Bay of Fundy


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick
September 23rd 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Low tide at Flower Pot Rocks Provincial ParkLow tide at Flower Pot Rocks Provincial ParkLow tide at Flower Pot Rocks Provincial Park

See the little people on the beach.
Tides fascinate me. Ocean tides amaze me. The Bay of Fundy tides were mind blowing! We spent 5 nights camped near the water so I could see the tides several times. Our first 2 nights were near Hopewell Cape. The river here is referred to as the chocolate river due to the color. At this point it looks muddy but closer to the ocean it is clear. While here we visited Flower Pot Rocks Provincial Park and took both the low tide and high tide guided walk. We timed our visit right as the high tide was at its highest for the year and it was 45.3 feet.

We then camped at St Martins and had a great view of the bay from our RV. I’m keeping this blog short as the photos can say better than I can describe how impressive the tides are in this area.

It’s time to head back to the USA…..next stop Maine!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

High tide at Flower Pot Rocks PPHigh tide at Flower Pot Rocks PP
High tide at Flower Pot Rocks PP

No little people down below, but we did see a person in a kayak....not in this photo though. The tide was 45.3 feet today!
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

This was the view from our RV at Ponderosa Pines near Hopewell Cape. That is a small lake that was not affected by the tides. We could see the tides off in the distance.
Daniels Flat low tideDaniels Flat low tide
Daniels Flat low tide

View from Flower Pot Rocks Provincial Park.
Daniels Flat high tideDaniels Flat high tide
Daniels Flat high tide

View from Flower Pot Rocks Provincial Park.
Our guide and a videoOur guide and a video
Our guide and a video

Technology is wonderful! He was able to show us videos or photos at certain points on the tour.
Windy day...windblown lookWindy day...windblown look
Windy day...windblown look

The wind was so strong it made me stagger at times. George had the more interesting look of the 2 of us.
100,000 miles100,000 miles
100,000 miles

The RV odometer made it to this milestone. We were able to pull off the road and take this photo.
High tide at St MartinHigh tide at St Martin
High tide at St Martin

We were camped at Century Farm Campground and we could see the bay from our RV. Note the log at my feet.
Low tide at St MartinsLow tide at St Martins
Low tide at St Martins

Here's the log in the foreground but now I am waaaay out there. I didn't go all the way out as it was too wet and muddy, but you can see how much further it goes out.
View from low tide at St MartinsView from low tide at St Martins
View from low tide at St Martins

That is George by the log....he looks so handsome!


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb