Day 10 Amherst to Oak Bay, New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Saint John
June 21st 2023
Published: June 22nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Okay so maybe one more blog. As we were driving along this morning I started thinking about our trip and some of our observations about Canada, so I thought I would list them.

*The Lupine grow like crazy here. They are not only along all the roadways, they are in the woods and peoples yards, very beautiful.

*Campgrounds are mostly filled with seasonal campers with only a limited number of spots for transients like us.

*The typography and scenery are very much like New England

*Gas is the same price at every gas station in a particular area; must be government controlled

*There are some asshole drivers, but certainly not as many as we have at home.

*Lobsters and oyster have not been as popular in restaurants as we thought they would be.

*People here are the most friendly we have ever met

*Overall prices are higher than the states, and they then have a 15% tax on everything.

*There is no trash on the side of the roads

*Politics was generally not brought up, but when it was, it appeared they didn't seem over the moon with Trudeau, but felt sorry for us

*And lastly, those of you that really know Ray, he has hardly used the "F" bomb in the last week or so. I know, a miracle, Canada has a mellowing effect on him.

Our stop for today was Oak Bay Campground in Oak Bay, NB, a lovely place right on the water. Ray and I noticed that the trailer next to us was from New Hampshire. We met the owner and found out that they were from Candia, NH. He mentioned that they had stayed at the same campground as us the previous night and that he recognized us by our bug. They had been on the road a week longer than us and were also on their way back home. After a lovely walk and dinner we are on our way to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement







8th September 2023

Can’t wait to read about your journey to Europe!
If you are getting this twice I apologize! I keep hitting “Submit Comment “ and it doesn’t look like it is sending?

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb