Moncton, New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Moncton
September 15th 2015
Published: September 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Moncton, NB


IMG_9147IMG_9147IMG_9147

Magnetic Hill
What a day in Moncton! We are going to have to come back for another day before heading back home. We started off uploading the pictures to our blog then went off to the Post Office. We stopped by the Community Living here in Moncton. We met Connie the Executive Director at the Community Living here in Moncton. After talking to her it was amazing how many people and families she serves (about 400) in her area with only two other staff. After talking to her and her co-worker she found out that we were sleeping in the car and invited us for supper and to stay the night. We then went to Magnetic Hill and experienced this natural optical illusion. It was very odd/cool going down a hill putting it in neutral then your car going 20km/hr backwards up a hill and remember it is in neutral. We then went to Shediac to see the giant lobster and their famous beach. Both were really awesome to see and we couldn't ask for a nicer day with the fresh breeze coming off the water. Afterwards we found free showers at the beach...expect it was only cold showers, needless to say it was a refreshing one. We then picked up a cake for desert and went to Connie and her husband Bernie's house. What a gorgeous house and lovely family. We were very welcomed and got the nickel tour from their granddaughter through the house. There master bathroom was breathtaking words can't describe how beautiful it was. For supper Bernie made a delicious seafood chowder and BBQ burgers. We slept in the basement and it was like its own apartment with its own entrance. This morning we will be visiting the local youth centre and then off to Cape Breton and will return one more day on our way home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IMG_9152IMG_9152
IMG_9152

Finding out it wasn't free and I had to pay $5.00.
IMG_9157IMG_9157
IMG_9157

Car going up the hill in neutral backwards...at 20km/hr.
IMG_9174IMG_9174
IMG_9174

I'm a sea captain.


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb