The beauties of Fundy National Park


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Confederation Bridge going into Prince Edward Island


Over night it poured, I think we need to build an arc. Dickson Falls was our first stop. With some rain/drizzle we hiked out to the falls in a deep valley, mostly on a boardwalk/steps. The rain has created lush wilderness with delightful smells of wood and pine.
Herring Cove, our next stop, is a viewing spot for the tides of Fundy, the highest tides in the world. We caught the tides as high tide was approaching. The best time to view the tides is low tide, oh well!
A quaint covered bridge leads us to Point Wolf. The trail winds down to a cove with some lovely rocks. It is now such a treat to return to the Bothan, out of the rain for some hot soup. Time to dry off.
Our trip in the maritime provinces continues along the scenic coastal highway. Hopewell Rocks, Bay of Fundy, has the highest tides in the world because of it funnel shape. We hiked down to the “Flower Pots”. They have been given this name because the base of these pillars has been eroded, yet the top sustains life and trees continue to grow.
We crossed the Confederation Bridge into Prince Edward Island (PEI), 7 plus miles long. We spent the night at Borden-Carleton Campground



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb