Assiniboine Zoo (by Liam)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba
June 16th 2016
Published: June 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Blizzard, the White BisonBlizzard, the White BisonBlizzard, the White Bison

We saw lots of free-range bison, but neve any white ones.
Today we went to the Assiniboine Zoo. We strolled around the zoo and saw some very cool animals, such as lynx, a tiger, goats, and polar bears. The place was nice. We went through all the exibits and saw everything. I really liked the Polar Bears. Their were two bear cubs and I saw three adult polar bears. We ate lunch at the zoo and looked at more cool animals, and then we went into a limited time anamatronic dinosaur thing. It was pretty cool but they had the same exact thing at the Minnesota zoo once, so I had seen most of it before, but they had these Chinese dinosuars that were new and amazing. Did you know that there's like a pit in China that has hundreds of dinosuar bones in it? I certainly didn't! Then after buying a sloth(not real) and a ground squirrel, which by the way, were everywhere! My mom and I were joking around about it, too. "Hey what's in this exibit? Ground squirrels! How did those gazelles get in there? They're a cool natural addition to the scene!". After the zoo we found some geocaches and then swam. It was nice at first, but it quickly got cold and we headed back to the camper where I am now writing this blog.

***Mom's Note: Prairie dogs, not ground squirrels. They were, indeed, everywhere. We also chatted with a very interesting cockatoo, and heard what peacocks sound like!***


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Gray WolfGray Wolf
Gray Wolf

We had hoped to see wolves on our trip, but didn't. We've only seen wolves a few times in the wild, and always from a long ways away.
Polar BearsPolar Bears
Polar Bears

We picked up a brochure for a polar bear adventure. We can't wait to schedule it, but not for next year.
Ringed SealRinged Seal
Ringed Seal

Favorite food of polar bears!
Indian Fruit BatIndian Fruit Bat
Indian Fruit Bat

They were so cool to watch. This one kept stretching. Once he headed for a piece of fruit, though, another one got to him in three strides to block him.
Woodland CaribouWoodland Caribou
Woodland Caribou

This is either Betty White or Bea Arthur.
Snow LeopardSnow Leopard
Snow Leopard

One time we looked, he was facing the other. When we walked back again, he was this way.
Baby ClydesdaleBaby Clydesdale
Baby Clydesdale

Isn't she cute?
Steller's Sea EagleSteller's Sea Eagle
Steller's Sea Eagle

Steller must have been a busy person, because there is a sea lion named after him, too.
Baby PronghornBaby Pronghorn
Baby Pronghorn

Isn't he cute?
Joey, the CockatooJoey, the Cockatoo
Joey, the Cockatoo

She was pretty chatty.
KangaroosKangaroos
Kangaroos

Their gestational period is one month, so if the parent is threatened, she ditches the joey and runs.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb