Vancover


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 21st 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.2886, -123.121

Today we left beautiful Whistler for Vancover. The weather turned beautiful. Wish that it could have teen this pretty while we were here. Hopefully the good weather will follow us all the way to Calgary. We were dropped off at our hotel for tonight in Vancover. A big city. The hotel was packed with people and their suitcases. This is a busy place. I'm not sure what I expected while visiting this country. It feels so much like home. They look like us, talk like us and everything seems so natural. Canada is a very beautiful country, and more importantly, in July, it is cool. Once we were settled in, we walked a few blocks to Vancover Outlook. The adventure starts with a 40 second elevator ride up 543.16 ft to a panoramic observation deck. From here, we had a 360 degree view of Vancover's sights. We were able to see historic Gastown, Coal Harbour, the city's bustling downtown core, and of course the world famous Stanley Park. After enjoying the views, we walked around to the Harbour where the float planes were landing and taking off. Since we missed our float plane ride in Whistler, were were hoping to be able to get a seat on one of the many planes in the Harbour. Unfortunately, they were all filled for today and we leave in the morning, so the most we could do is take pictures. Bob even made some video's. We had lunch at an outdoor cafe and enjoyed the Harbour view. After lunch we went back to our hotel to check in with Rocky Mountaineer. We will be leaving by train tomorrow on our adventure through the Canadian Rockies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

VancoverVancover
Vancover

Large buildings and skyscrapers
Vancover LookoutVancover Lookout
Vancover Lookout

These are the viewing Windows looking out over Vancover


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb