Last Day of the trip


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.2605, -123.114

Today we had to disembark from the cruise. We had breakfast in Parrot Cay before going to Wavebands to wait for our boarding zone to be called so we could disembark. We got off the ship around 9:00 am and picked up our rental car from the Canada Place National Car location.

Getting across the border took about 40 minutes which, although long, didnt seem too bad.

As we were sitting in line to cross, someone said "Lets find a Jack in the Box for lunch". So, I used my GPS and found one in a town just across the border. We dont have Jack in the Box in Utah so this was a new experience for some of us (Kelsie).

Then we got back on the road to go to Seattle to catch our 6:15 flight. Our plan was to stop in Seattle for a little visit then go to the airport.

Our plans were changed a little when we got a call from Delta alerting us to a flight time change. Our flight had been pushed back to 7:15 which got us home at 10:30. I called my parents and told them we would take a cab home since it was late and I didnt want them to have to pick us up that late. They said that they would come get us.

Not 30 minutes after that call came another call from Delta letting us know that our flight had been delayed again and we would now not get home until close to midnight. I called Delta to see if we could get on an earlier flight....unfortunately there were no seats. So, another call to my parents and this time they agreed to let us take a cab.

As we got closer to Seattle, another call from Delta came in and we now werent going to get home until about 1:30 am. We made the decision to find a hotel in Seattle and take a 6:00 am flight home the next day.

This gave us extra time in Seattle to sightsee.

We visited Pikes Market and watched the guys throw fish and then did a little shopping. We also went to the first Starbucks. Then we walked to the waterfront and strolled along there for a while. We had only paid for 2 hours of parking so we walked back to the car to find a new parking place.

We decided to eat dinner at Ivers so we parked near the water and went for dinner. Afterwards, we did a little more walking before heading to our hotel near the airport

We all knew we were going to have to be up early so we turned in by 9:00 pm.

The flight home was uneventful and we were all sad our vacation was over and that we would have to return to reality.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb