Day 33


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 4th 2006
Published: August 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Breakfast was back in the diner from last night, yes really, that good.

Travelling ever south we made our way to Seattle by Greyhound bus. What would usually take about 3 1/2 hours took us over 6, as 5 of the passengers were not allowed over the border, it just took immigration a long time to agree that this was the case due to incomplete paperwork, so to let the bus carry on.

Eventually in Seattle we made our way to the University District (the only place we found accommodation only had room for 1 night, we were hoping for 3) but Seattle was full for weddings, Seafair (a local air and sea fair), summer and also people coming to the university area to get settled before term started.

We needed a beer after the journey so headed for the nearest place, below our accommodation. It is here that we met Anders, chatty, well travelled and un-American. The sort of person that is almost impossible to dislike. He was having a drink after work and co-owns the bar below the one we visited - 'The College Inn Pub'.

Explaining that we had no place to stay and wanted to be in town for a couple of days, Anders offered the use of his 22ft boat moored down the hill, only 10 minutes after meeting. Needless to say we took him up on that offer. It's amazing how generous people can be even to total strangers. We hugely appreciated his generosity, and his efforts in looking after us whilst in Seattle.

After we had been chatting over a few more beers he even went as far to say that he would take us out on the boat tomorrow to show us Seattle from the water - we jumped at that chance too. Finally, we rounded the evening off with a curry (feeble by English standards).




Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb