Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 26th 2013
Published: July 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

From 11 degrees in Wellington to 28 here. Summer. Rob and Gill as welcoming as ever. Last night, our first, a dinner out on the deck overlooking the cove, watching the kayakers, boats, paddle boarders, seals, birds, swimmers... It's a paradise alright. Drank too much. But there was a reason. Rob makes his own wine and we sampled. And then sampled some more. And then... A Bordeaux blend and not bad.

Today golf at Seymour (badly) in the morning while Lyn and Gill went into the city to meet Katie and browse the streets.

This afternoon, out in the boat up Indian Arm. This is a "Sound" similar to the Marlborough Sounds but surrounded by massive granite mountains covered in fir trees clinging to vertical faces. To swim and picnic and look at the sights. One of the biggest impressions is of the massive granite rock that underpins the land. Outcrops dominate the landscape with spindly pines or maybe they're Douglas Fir. Hot day.

This evening, dinner on the deck and everything as above except for the sampling. Very wise.

The biggest hassle we have at the moment is this bloody blog seemingly unable to be seen by those I've invited to see it! Working on it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



27th July 2013

Having fun
Great to see your photos and your blog love Joy
28th July 2013

Bimbro and wife
Ignore the last message; we've managed to read some blogs. The photo's are a problem though, the top quarter is all we can see, that looks stunning though!! xoxoxo

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb