Wondering in Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
September 18th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our cruise came to an end in Vancouver on Friday, after clearing customs we picked up a rental car and headed for our hotel (Marriott Pinnacle) which was close to the port. After dumping our luggage we went to Granville Island Farmers Market for a bite to eat. It's not easy to describe Vancouver, amazing architecture, Pretty flower baskets and arrangements in the streets, stunning skyline, mountain peaks, so very French and one of the prettiest cities I have ever seen. We managed to pop in to Stanley Park - a great place for families or romantics to hang out for the day with a picnic basket or just to stroll around, I could easily have spent a whole day in the park but we had to move on, it's still a VERY LONG drive to New York!

In the evening we went to Gastown, a hip and happening place in an old French setting. The only drawback are the dozens of drugged out vagrants walking around, sitting on benches, corners or begging with cardboard signs- some of which were very entertaining! One guy came right up to us and said "Please help,I need a head transplant!" and before we could respond he zipped off down the street! Another's sign read "Your girlfriend thinks I'm hot, please help me buy her glasses".. This situation is out of hand and was very upsetting. It put such a damper on the evening, but besides that it seems like a wonderful city to visit or live in..


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb