A Day in Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 4th 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Headed to the Skytrain this morning to purchase an all day pass to head into Vancouver. Found a good breakfast place on the advice of a local Skytrain transit worker. The Bellaggio Cafe offered a good breakfast at a decent price.

After breakfast the gang headed over to Stanley Park where we enjoyed the slight breeze and 75 degree weather were according to the local is very hot weather. Ok!!!! We spent a good part of the day wondering along the lake and forest trails. We hiked to Beaver Lake which is known as a Forest Lake which has a short life span. The process of this lake succession is happening faster than normal. The completed process of the water lilies which is taking over the lake and robbing it off oxygen is expected to be complete in the next 50 years.

From Stanley Park we wandered over to a deli called Meat and Bread. It was featured on Food Network Triple D (Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives). It's know for it a sandwich called the Porchetta with Salsa Verde. Basically it was pork with cracklin (all you fro Louisania will know what this is, for those who aren't - it's fat with a bit of meat off the back of a hog and it's deep fried) rolled into the sandwhich giving it a bit of crunch on a fresh baked cibatta. I give it a thumbs up. If you in the area anytime soon pay them a visit on Cambie Street.

http://meatandbread.ca/

The rest of the day was spent wandering around the gas light district before hopping the Skytrain back to the hotel.

The highlight of the day - Where my sister works they have a tradition for everyone who travels. They have a team mascot called purple puppy. Where ever you travel you have to post of bring back pictures to share with purple puppy in them. So my sister friend Christy has been taking pictures with purple puppy all over Stanley Park to post. I think we should start something like this at Intel with one of our bunny men figurines when someone goes on sabbatical.

The low of the day - Discovered that I left my camera adapter at home so I'm not able to upload pictures from my camera. Will steal a few from my friend to post and post a link to all the pictures in my last post for this trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb